Documenting foreign interventions and their consequences
Outgoing Syria Envoy Admits Hiding US Troop Numbers but Trump’s “modest” and transactional approach to the Middle East has yielded a more stable region than either of his predecessors’ more transformational policies.
Four years after signing the now-infamous “Never Trump” letter condemning then-presidential candidate Donald Trump as a danger to America, retiring diplomat Jim Jeffrey is recommending that the incoming Biden administration stick with Trump’s foreign policy in the Middle East.
He acknowledges that his team routinely misled senior leaders about troop levels in Syria.
Officially, Trump last year agreed to keep several hundred U.S. troops — somewhere between 200 and 400, according to varying reports at the time — stationed in northeast Syria to “secure” oil fields held by the United States’ Kurdish allies in the fight against ISIS. It is generally accepted that the actual number is now higher than that — anonymous officials put the number at about 900 today — but the precise figure is classified and remains unknown even, it appears, to members of Trump’s administration keen to end the so-called “forever wars.”
Jeffrey now says that Trump’s “modest” and transactional approach to the Middle East has yielded a more stable region than either of his predecessors’ more transformational policies. President George W. Bush’s 2003 State of the Union speech heralding the seismic U.S. intervention into Iraq and President Barack Obama’s 2009 speech in Cairo proclaiming a “new beginning” with the Muslim world represent an approach to the Middle East that “made things worse” and “weakened us,” Jeffrey said. Trump’s administration, he said, has looked at the Middle East through a geostrategic lens and kept its focus on Iran, Russia, and China, while keeping the metastatic “disease” of Islamist terror in check.
Jeffrey believes Trump has achieved a kind of political and military “stalemate” in a number of different cold and hot conflicts, producing a situation that is about the best any administration could hope for in such a messy, volatile region.
U.S. military to cut in half troop deployment in Iraq to 3,000 forces, helping fulfill President Trump’s goal of reducing the U.S. military’s overseas deployments
The United States said Wednesday that it is cutting troop levels in Iraq roughly in half, to 3,000 forces, helping fulfill President Trump’s goal of reducing the U.S. military’s overseas deployments.
The announcement was made by the top U.S. commander in the Middle East.
The decision to reduce the 5,200 troops now in Iraq follows Trump’s recent meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi, according to The New York Times.
Jim Banks: New York Times Damaged National Security to Hurt Trump regarding the Russia offering bounties to kill Americans in Afghanistan story
Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) said in a statement on Monday that the New York Times is willing to do “anything” to hurt President Donald Trump, including compromising national security.
The New York Times reported on Saturday that a Russian military spy unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militias for killing U.S. troops in Afghanistan.Banks, a military veteran, said that “having served in Afghanistan during the time the alleged bounties were placed, no one is angrier about this than me.”
However, the Hoosier conservative said that the federal government could not complete the investigation due to the Times story.
Trump on foreign interventions
President Trump to West Point cadets: “It is not the duty of US troops to solve ancient conflicts in faraway lands that many people have never even heard of.”
US Treatment of Assange vs. Obama
- Anti Trump
- Bias and Double Standards
- Deep State
- Foreign Interventions
- Obama Tags:
Foreign Policy Magazine: President Trump has upended four decades of successful U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East
Donald Trump has torn up a foundation of U.S. foreign policy and is causing irreparable damage to the Middle East—and world order—in the process.
Destroying Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, hundreds of thousands dead, paving the road to the rise of ISIS is successful foreign policy to these globalists.
The Drone Papers: Obama-led drone strikes kill innocents 90% of the time
Drone strikes conducted by the United States during a 5-month-long campaign in Afghanistan caused the deaths of unintended targets nearly nine out of ten times, leaked intelligence documents suggest.
The apparent 10 percent success rate with regards to a specific span in America’s drone war is among the most damning revelations to surface so far as the result of a series of articles published by The Intercept on Thursday this week which rely on classified and confidential intelligence documents supplied by an unknown source.
Canada lifts suspension of arms exports to Saudi Arabia
The Canadian government is lifting a suspension on arms exports to Saudi Arabia and has renegotiated a controversial multibillion-dollar contract that will see an Ontario-based company sell light armoured vehicles (LAVs) to Riyadh.
Campaigners have said there is credible evidence Canadian arms are being used by the Saudi-UAE led coalition in the long-running conflict in Yemen.
At every opportunity since the diplomatic spat erupted in August 2018, Trudeau’s government has been trying behind the scenes to ‘normalise’ relations with Saudi Arabia, in spite of their horrendous human rights record and leading role in the brutal war in Yemen,” Fenton said, referring to the diplomatic dispute that erupted in August 2018 after Ottawa criticised Riyadh over its crackdown on women’s rights activists.
“Now, under the cover of the chaos brought on by the global pandemic, they’ve elected to reopen the weapons exports’ floodgates, placating Canada’s arms industry, while likely calculating little pushback from the media or public.”
Turkey Military Vehicle Takes Down Greek Border Fence
THIS IS AN ACT OF WAR! Turk armored vehicle using cables to take down the Greek border fence. These vehicles are called HIZIR/ATES The EU funded 75% of the purchase of these vehicles
Biden confronted over Iraq war
“Blood is on your hands. Millions are dead in Iraq.”
Joe Biden cowardly walks away after a veteran confronts him about his support for the criminal #Iraq War.
BBC producer says hospital scenes after 2018 Douma ‘chemical attack’ were staged
A BBC producer believes that scenes from a hospital in Syria’s Douma, which ignited a media frenzy in 2018 after showing children allegedly suffering from chemicals, were staged. But he says Assad did attack the town.
Emotive scenes of Syrian civilians, among them crying, choking, half-naked children, dominated the airwaves in April last year after rebel-affiliated mouthpieces reported yet another “chemical attack by the Assad regime” in the town of Douma. Disturbing reports, including some from the controversial White Helmets, claimed scores of people had been killed and injured.
Mainstream media quickly picked up the horrific (but unverified) videos from a Douma hospital, where victims were treated after this “poison attack.” That hospital scene was enough to assemble a UN emergency session and prompt the US-led ‘coalition of the willing’ to rain down dozens of missiles on Damascus and other locations.
The war in Iraq was conceived by 25 neoconservative intellectuals, most of them Jewish
In the course of the past year, a new belief has emerged in the town: the belief in war against Iraq. That ardent faith was disseminated by a small group of 25 or 30 neoconservatives, almost all of them Jewish, almost all of them intellectuals (a partial list: Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, William Kristol, Eliot Abrams, Charles Krauthammer), people who are mutual friends and cultivate one another and are convinced that political ideas are a major driving force of history.
- Deep State
- Iraq Tags:
US Funded coup in Ukraine (2014)
- The US orchestrated the first Maidan in 2004:
US Behind Ukraine coup (in 2004): Activists of the Orange Revolution were funded and trained in tactics of political organisation and nonviolent resistance by Western pollsters and professional consultants who were partly funded by Western government and non-government agencies but received most of their funding from domestic sources. According to The Guardian, the foreign donors included the U.S. State Department and USAID along with the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, the International Republican Institute, the NGO Freedom House and George Soros’s Open Society Institute. The National Endowment for Democracy has supported democracy-building efforts in Ukraine since 1988. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine#Orange_Revolution
- Meet the Americans Who Put Together the Coup in Kiev; Then Vice President Joe Biden with U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt, Secretary of State John Kerry, Ambassador Victoria Nuland, and others in a bilateral meeting with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on February 7, 2015.
- US Secretary of State for european and Eurasian affairs and US ambassador to Ukraine (Nuland-Pyatt call) talking about the revolution, talking about who they want in which positions — [BBC source]
The US says that it is working with all sides in the crisis to reach a peaceful solution, noting that “ultimately it is up to the Ukrainian people to decide their future”. However this transcript suggests that the US has very clear ideas about what the outcome should be and is striving to achieve these goals.
- Welcome to Nulandistan: Propaganda and the Crisis in Ukraine and http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26072281 and http://www.thenation.com/blog/178293/not-so-secret-ukraine-phone-call
- The two officials also discuss frankly the merits of the three main Ukrainian opposition leaders – Vitaly Klitschko, Arseniy Yatseniuk and Oleh Tyahnybok. The female speaker says that Mr Klitschko, the former heavyweight boxing world champion, should not be in any new government. “I don’t think it’s a good idea.”
- She adds: “I think Yats (Arseniy Yatseniuk) is the guy who’s got the economic experience.”
- US officials refused to confirm or deny the tape’s authenticity, but state department spokeswoman Jan Psaki said: “I didn’t say it was inauthentic.”
- Ms Psaki said Ms Nuland had “been in contact with her EU counterparts and of course has apologised for these reported comments”.
- John McCain, US Democratic Senator and Chris Murphy (Connecticut) and other State Department members have troubling ties to the ultra-nationalist Svoboda party http://www.salon.com/2014/02/25/is_the_us_backing_neo_nazis_in_ukraine_partner/
John McCain Went To Ukraine And Stood On Stage With A Man Accused Of Being An Anti-Semitic Neo-Nazi: http://www.businessinsider.com/john-mccain-meets-oleh-tyahnybok-in-ukraine-2013-12
John McCain and Geoffrey Pyatt have dinner with Yatsenuk (the future interim PM) and the leader of Ukraine’s Neo Nazi Svoboda Party, Oleg Tyannybok
- Sponsors behind the new government: http://openukraine.org/en/about/partners (US State department, NATO, Horizon Capital, National Endowment for Democracy, etc) [mirror]
- Why US fracking companies are licking their lips over Ukraine The industry’s use of the crisis in Ukraine to expand its global market under the banner of “energy security” must be seen in the context of this uninterrupted record of crisis opportunism.
Joe Biden’s Cocaine-Using, Navy-Busted Son Now Working For Huge Ukraine Company
- the United States and its European allies share most of the responsibility for the crisis. The taproot of the trouble is NATO enlargement, the central element of a larger strategy to move Ukraine out of Russia’s orbit and integrate it into the West. At the same time, the EU’s expansion eastward and the West’s backing of the pro-democracy movement in Ukraine http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/141769/john-j-mearsheimer/why-the-ukraine-crisis-is-the-wests-fault
- Leaked Memo Shows Soros Pushed Greece To Support Ukraine Coup, Paint Russia As Enemy http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-19/leaked-memo-shows-soros-pushed-greece-support-ukraine-coup-paint-russia-enemy
The meeting minutes documented present a clear and conclusive case that George Soros and his International Renaissance Foundation (IRF) manipulated Ukraine into moving towards an untenable and self destructive direction. Soros and his NGO executives held detailed and extensive meetings with just about every actor involved in the Maidan coup: from US Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt, to Ukraine’s Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Justice, Health, and Education.
Ambassador: The short term issue that needs to be addressed will be the problem in getting the message out from the government through professional PR tools, especially given Putin’s own professional smear campaigns.
GS: Will send Ambassador Pyatt copies of correspondences he previously sent to others and his article in NY Review of Books. Obama has been too soft on Putin, and there is a need to impost potent smart sanctions. He noted the need for a division of labor between the US and the EU with the US playing the bad cop role. The USG should impose sanctions on Russia for 90 days or until the Russian government recognizes the results of the presidential elections. He noted that he is most concerned about transitional justice and lustration.
- Sept 2013: The future of Ukraine, a country of 48m people, and of Europe was being decided in real time. The participants included Bill and Hillary Clinton, former CIA head General David Petraeus, former U.S. Treasury secretary Lawrence Summers, former World Bank head Robert Zoellick, Swedish foreign minister Carl Bildt, Former U.S. energy secretary Bill Richardson was there to talk about the shale-gas revolution [mirror]
- Nov 20~ 2013: http://youtu.be/y9hOl8TuBUM Before Maidan got violent, one of the Ukrainian politicians tells of a US sponsored project to teach people how to start a civil war, train people in information warfare, organize protests, all run out of the US embassy in Kiev.
- US Ambassador Pyatt decides to take out Tymoshenko from the New Ukraine equation. She served her purpose as a poor and sick political prisoner while Yanukovich was in power, saying that “Tymoshenko is associated with everything undignified”… http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-20/leaked-memo-proves-soros-ruled-ukraine-2014-minutes-%E2%80%9Cbreakfast-us-ambassador-pyatt%E2%80%9D
- Dec 10 2004: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/12/10/us-spent-65m-to-aid-ukrainian-groups/ U.S. Spent $65M To Aid Ukrainian Groups
- Ukrainian general tells the truth that Yatsenuk, Tyahnybok, and others are CIA trained and work for USA. And that Yatsenuk is high up in a Masonic lodge in Ukraine with Pinchuk being leader of it. They controlled the berkut police which is why the situation got out of hand: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=23f_1416565225
- RAND corporation leaked memo action plan for the war in Ukraine leaked in july 2014: http://www.globalresearch.ca/president-poroshenko-uses-rand-corporation-action-plan-for-eastern-ukraine-including-ground-assaults-and-air-strikes/5389795
- A number of companies Soros has invested in stand to profit in Ukraine. Does Soros want EU to help Kiev to annoy Moscow, or does he sense profit? Or is it both? http://russia-insider.com/en/soros-looks-co-own-ukraine/5260
- Hromadske.tv a new TV channel created for propaganda purposes, one of the only ones showing live feeds of the slaughter on Maidan, which helped immensly with the Maidans goals, received huge grants from Embassy of the USA and embassy of Netherlands, and the International Renaissance Fund (an organization funded by George Soros): http://issuu.com/andriibashtovyi/docs/interim_fin_report_-_eng/3?e=10130715/5899200 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Renaissance_Foundation Many of Hromadske’s journalists had worked in the past with American benefactors. Editor-in-chief Roman Skrypin was a frequent contributor to Washington’s Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty and theUS-funded Ukrayinska Pravda. In 2004, he had helped create Channel 5 television, which played a major role in the Orange Revolution that the US and its European allies masterminded in 2004. Soros also funded the propaganda uacrisis.org website.
- Many of the participants in Kiev’s “EuroMaidan” demonstrations were members of Soros-funded NGOs and/or were trained by the same NGOs in the many workshops and conferences sponsored by Soros’ International Renaissance Foundation (IRF), and his various Open Society institutes and foundations. http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/17843-george-soros-s-giant-globalist-footprint-in-ukraine-s-turmoil
- Smoking Gun: State Department and George Soros Bankrolled Individuals who Sparked Ukraine ‘Uprising’ http://libertynews.com/2014/03/smoking-gun-state-department-and-george-soros-bankrolled-individuals-who-sparked-ukraine-uprising/
- http://harpers.org/blog/2015/08/undelivered-goods/ Daschle, now a highly paid lobbyist, to endorse the ominously strengthening Washington consensus on escalating the fighting with “$3 billion in lethal and nonlethal military assistance.” Daschle’s trip was sponsored by the National Democratic Institute, an affiliate of the congressionally funded National Endowment for Democracy
- Brzezinski’s fingerprints are all over recent events in Ukraine, Russia and Iran http://ian56.blogspot.ca/2015/04/brzezinski-is-clearly-still-pulling.html Ukrainian general tells the truth that Yatsenuk, Tyahnybok, and others are CIA trained and work for USA. And that Yatsenuk is high up in a Masonic lodge in Ukraine with Pinchuk being leader of it. They controlled the berkut police which is why the situation got out of hand: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=23f_1416565225
- In their 2012 report, NED indicated that it spent US$3,381,824 programs in Ukraine. Ron Paul also argued against NED funding in 2005 stating that NED has “very little to do with democracy. It is an organization that uses US tax money to actually subvert democracy, by showering funding on favored political parties or movements overseas. It underwrites color-coded ‘people’s revolutions’ overseas that look more like pages out of Lenin’s writings on stealing power than genuine indigenous democratic movements.
- A new “anti Russian propaganda” website launched to combat all the “lies the Russians have been spewing” Funded by none other than: International Renaissaince Foundation and National Endowment for Democracy. Stopfake has itself been caught many many times posting lies and outright BS. http://www.stopfake.org/en/about-us/
- Hacked Emails Expose George Soros As Ukraine Puppet-Master http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-01/hacked-emails-expose-george-soros-ukraine-puppet-master
- Exposing the U.S. Corporate Interests Behind Ukraine Coup http://truth-out.org/archive/component/k2/item/52912:us-played-big-role-in-ukraines-orange-revolution http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/exposing-us-corporate-interests-behind-ukraine-putsch
- How the West lured Ukraine into its orbit http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11023577/Fresh-evidence-of-how-the-West-lured-Ukraine-into-its-orbit.html
- How the CIA kills countries: http://youtu.be/nq-ZmatOlvs
- Does the USA sponsor revolutions? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpXbA6yZY-8 Western Looting Of Ukraine Has Begun: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/03/29/western-looting-ukraine-begun-paul-craig-roberts/ http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/01/ukraines-creditors-grab-biggest-pieces-carcass.html
- Kissinger on the situation: http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/interview-with-henry-kissinger-on-state-of-global-politics-a-1002073.html
- IMF can cripple Ukraine: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/09/10/ukraine_cant_afford_the_imfs_shock_therapy
- Politics, Bullshit, and Ukraine: http://original.antiwar.com/Vladimir_Golstein/2015/04/08/politics-bullshit-and-ukraine
- US entire goal is to prevent Russia and Germany from becoming stronger: http://fortruss.blogspot.ru/2015/04/wagenknecht-eu-policy-has-destroyed.html?m=1
- George Friedman, ex-CIA, explains what US is doing in Ukraine and Europe; There will always be war in Europe because Europe is useless. US depends on Russia and Germany being enemies and are terrified that they might get closer economic ties, Ukraine Soldiers are US soldiers http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=14f_1427155352
- http://ruskom.livejournal.com/692173.html in russian – about serbia, CANVAS, otpor all Us organizations to fund coups.
- Deep State
- Ukraine Tags:
- Black on white crime statistics 7 comments
- Black Crime Statistics 6 comments
- Police shooting statistics analyzed; the truth behind racial disparities in fatal police shootings. 5 comments
- George Floyd Killing and Subsequent Antifa, BLM Riots – Including the Derek Chauvin Trial and Follow Up 4 comments
- Media, Politicians Biased Positive Coverage and Support of BLM, Antifa Riots, Looting, Attacks and Law Enforcement Not Prosecuting Them vs. Negative Coverage of Trump rallies and protests + Prosecutions vs. January 6 “insurrection” coverage and reaction to 4 comments
- List of major brands, companies, celebrities that supported BLM, George Floyd rioters and looters using lies and misconceptions about black victimization and homicide rates – Blackout Tuesday. 3 comments
- Salon writer thinks peaceful protests are the same as riots: I can’t get past the differences between the Minneapolis BLM protest and anti-lockdown protests 2 comments
- Ninety percent of 43,000 extremists on MI5 watchlist are Islamist terror suspects while police are ‘obsessed’ with catching far-right extremists and media and politicians tell us how the “alt-right” is a problem 2 comments
- There was no measurable difference in coronavirus cases among children in Sweden, where schools were left open, compared with neighboring Finland, where schools were shut. A French study last month found that school children don’t appear to transmit Covid-19 to peers or teachers 1 comment
- Stolen 2020 US Election – Chronological list evidence of voter fraud, statistical anomalies, media lies, propaganda and gaslighting 1 comment