First the MSM downplays the coronavirus, equating it with the flu. More info in a post about the fake news propaganda in the beginning of the outbreak here.
Liberals are for lockdowns, quarantines, against protesters and anyone who wants to get back to work – unless there’s a demonstration or riot they want to attend. Then the coronavirus is not dangerous.
- Forbes: How Should You Report Social-Distancing Violations? in Chicago, callers reporting social distancing noncompliance to 311 are forwarded to 911, because it is considered a life-threatening situation
- 4 in 5 Canadians want US border to stay closed
- 25k upvoted reddit thread, people panicking about increasing cases, the end of the world in a few months and how selfish and stupid people are who want to get back to work.
- Google Drive takes down user’s personal copy of Judy Mikovits’ Plandemic after it was flagged by The Washington Post
- Illinois Democrat Governor Pritzker Threatens Business Owners with a Year in Prison if They Try to Reopen
- Toledo: 911 Lines Flooded With People Reporting Others For “Not Social Distancing”
- Canada wants to keep USA border closed. Liberals on reddit rejoice. 31k upvotes.
- SHOOT ON SIGHT: Liberal staffer Mark Elyas condones killing curfew-breakers
- Facebook Will Remove Content Organizing Protests Against Stay-at-Home Orders, Zuckerberg Says – Reddit thread with 73k upvotes
- Protesters wearing face masks and protective suits have been pictured outside Downing Street in London this morning. The group, called Pause the System, says it wants the UK government to step up its measures against coronavirus. – Reddit thread praising this reaction.
- Dozens of anti-lockdown protesters arrested in Berlin – Reddit thread
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Condemns Coronavirus Lockdown Protests – 8k Reddit thread
- Fauci says reopening too quickly will backfire – 62k upvotes
- Michigan mayor calls on commissioner who joined protest against coronavirus restrictions to resign – 12k thread
- American College of Emergency Physicians denounced their video in a statement. The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. Regarding this video
- 50k upvotes on reddit as liberals fear monger, want national mourning and equate coronavirus to 9/11
- 20-02-13: NY Mayor’s Office: There are ZERO confirmed cases of coronavirus in New York City, and hundreds of Chinese restaurants that need your business! There is nothing to fear. Stop by any Chinatown for lunch or dinner!
- Apr 1: Nursing home lockdowns are forcing families to say goodbye “If he passes, I don’t even know how I’ll get through that.”
March 2: CNN: Masks can’t stop the coronavirus in the US, but hysteria has led to bulk-buying, price-gouging and serious fear for the future:
Apr 6: Reddit and other leftist officials protest Gov. Kemp’s decision to open beaches in Georgia
Apr 28: Redditors making fun of the anti-lockdown protesters and berating them for holding rallies:
- Apr 30: Ottawa bans window visits at city-run long-term care homes
- May 4: Salon: Anti-lockdown “movement” powered by racism
- May 7: Many churches across the country, closed for physical worship for nearly two months. Franklin said. “If people can be safe at a big-box store, if hundreds of people can gather there to pick up home improvement items, I think the church can also do it safely.”
- May 15: Michigan Gov. Whitmer: Lockdown protests are ‘racist and misogynistic’
Massive narrative shift after George Floyd killing.
- Large list of brands and companies supporting the George Floyd protests.
- Suddenly, Public Health Officials Say Social Justice Matters More Than Social Distance
- May 31: Leftists on Reddit trying to justify why it’s OK for a white man with MAGA to get attacked by black rioters
May 31: Supporting very large crowds of protesters in Minneapolis:
June 3: Supporting large crowds outside the white house :
June 5: Redditors praising armed black panther protesters:
June 5: Praising Justin Trudeau for joining the protests:
June 6: Redditors hating on, making fun of armed, peaceful white people just standing defending their neighborhood:
June 6: Over 1,000 health professionals sign a letter saying, Don’t shut down protests using coronavirus concerns as an excuse
June 6: Manhattan DA announces protesters arrested by NYPD will not be charged: ‘Our office has a moral imperative’
June 8: Redditors praising massive LA protests:
June 9: LA Protesters Arrested For Violating Curfew Won’t Be Charged
NPR: “Dozens of public health and disease experts signed an open letter in support of the nationwide protests.” But a Trump rally? “despite the deadly coronavirus pandemic”
Fake news coverage of the George Floyd protests compared to right wingers:
20-06-25: Major incident declared in Bournemouth as thousands of people flock to beaches. The council says it is “absolutely appalled” at the scenes, after a local MP said the crowds were the worst he has seen.
So rioting and demonstrating was ok. But going to the beach is a major incident…
Redditors crying about people going to the beach:
Here’s what the beach looks like without BBC’s fake news telephoto lens camera work. Looks like people are social distancing.
20-06-25: Leftists occupying city hall – and nobody reporting about the coronavirus spread or danger:
20-06-26: UK Northumbria police promotes BLM vigil gathering but strictly forbids counter protesters or anyone else from assembling
20-06-28 Met police facilitate “Afghan lives matter protest”
20-06-28 leftists celebrate massive crowds at pride parade:
July: double standards on coronavirus. Gov Gavin Newsom: stay home but protesting is still allowed.
July 3: Celine Gounder, a prominent infectious diseases specialist and epidemiologist, said Friday that President Trump‘s Fourth of July celebration at Mount Rushmore is “beyond irresponsible”
July 2 and 3:
- Cleveland mayor mandates face masks in public amid coronavirus surge
- These Idaho Cities Have Mandated Face Masks
- Gov. Greg Abbott orders Texans in most counties to wear masks in public
- LA Sheriff To Fine $300 For Not Wearing A Mask In Public
20-07-24: The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday declined to lift a 50-person limit on religious services adopted by Nevada’s Democratic governor in response to the coronavirus pandemic. But casinos and movie theatres are allowed to have hundreds of people. Justice Samuel Alito wrote in a dissent that Nevada was discriminating against religious groups in favor of casinos, which under Governor Steve Sisolak’s reopening plans do not face the same 50-person limit on indoor gatherings.
20-07-24: Leftists and MSM spew propaganda about “wall of vets” and “wall of moms” who joined the Portland BLM / Antifa protests – no social distancing concerns here.
- Portland “wall of moms” are just mentally ill non binary mother identifying folx:
- 20-07-25: Days of memorials for Rep. John Lewis began on Saturday with a service in Troy, Alabama. But regular citizens aren’t allowed to hold services for their relatives, or see their dying relatives.
- Lockdowns made little difference to the number of people who have died from coronavirus, a study has claimed. [source]
- San Francisco relaxes covid rules for gay bathhouses and sex venues
- New York governor Cuomo outraged over a concert while he’s perfectly ok with massive BLM demonstrations
- 20-07-27: Gov Murphy of New Jersey ordered the Sheriffs to close The Atilis Gym. They arrested the gym owners and boarded up their business.
- 20-07-28: Workers fined £9,000 for heading to pub during 14-day quarantine period after moving to Guernsey for jobs. But BLM riots are perfectly fine.
- 20-07-30: How come famous people like Congressman John Lewis and “Saint” George Floyd are allowed to have funerals that violate social distancing policies, but regular folks can’t? Not to mention, open their businesses, or even go to work?
- 20-07-31 Jim Jordan grills Fauci – asks him should government limit protesters – fauci tries to weasel out. So protesters could increase coronavirus risk, but he doesn’t want to end protesting.
- 20-08-01: Australia declares state of disaster in Victoria and imposes curfew in Melbourne as the state confirmed 671 new COVID-19 cases and seven new deaths.
- 20-08-01: Brainless sheep wear masks on a beach:
- 20-08-02: DC Mayor Exempts John Lewis Funeral Attendees From City’s Quarantine Restrictions
- Two men have been arrested for planning a protest where hundreds of people were set to “fill up the streets” and defy Melbourne’s lockdown
- 20-08-10: Department of natural resources tells employees to wear masks on video conferencing calls even if they are alone:
- 20-08-17: NZ Prime Minister Delays Election Due to Coronavirus. Trump was labeled a “fascist” for suggesting the same thing.
- 20-08-18: Authorities in Melbourne, Australia will use high-tech surveillance drones to catch people outside not wearing masks as well as to scan for vehicles that are in violation of curfew by being more than 5km from home.
20-08-21: Impotent UK police stand and watch as Afghanis and Pakistanis hold celebrations, throw projectiles at them. But then give a fine to 3 families celebrating a birthday party in their backyard.
20-08-29: Buzzfeed is suddenly concerned about lack of social distancing… during Trump’s RNC speech
20-08-29: MSNBC concerned about no social distancing at white house RNC speech but praises BLM protest also without social distancing:
20-08-29: New York Times concerned about social distancing at Trump speech but not march on Washington
Human Rights Campaign scolding Trump speech for no social distancing, then promotes and participates in march on washington
CNN contradicts themselves live on air – Trump RNC speech bad, March on Washington good.
20-08-29: Leftist MSM all concerned about social distancing for coronavirus, but only during Trump’s RNC speech. The mass riots, protests, demonstrations and gatherings for BLM are OK.
20-09-01: Speaker Pelosi visits hair salon without a mask despite lockdown orders and herself wanting business owners arrested if operating against government orders
20-09-01 Victoria Australia woman arrested for incitement wanting anti mask protest
Att Aussies! This has just happened… this woman organised a fb protest in Victoria. The police have arrested her at her house in front of her children for ‘incitement’. They have also seized all of their devices. This is the 3rd arrest I’ve seen today. We are the new Chy-na! pic.twitter.com/B3ZK2m6BV4
— Liss (@truth_seeker_85) September 2, 2020
San francisco mayor london breed dined at restaurant after lockdown orders
Compare to the right wing / conservative reaction who wanted lockdowns lifted and for everyone to get back to work.
- 20-05-24: People partying at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri.
- ‘Live Free or Die:’ Protesters march against California stay-at-home rules in Huntington Beach – Redditors making fun of and hating the grou
- “Taiwan’s success against Covid-19 has shown that democracies could fight the virus without resorting to authoritarian measures“ – Bloomberg.
Effects of long-term quarantine leading to a long recession:
Unemployment has long been associated with a significantly increased risk of death in general, particularly for low-skilled workers in the U.S.. The risk of heart disease, the leading cause of death in the U.S. at almost 650,000 deaths per year, has been shown to increase by 15–30 percent in men unemployed for more than 90 days. Among older workers, involuntary job loss can more than double the risk of stroke, which already claims 150,000 lives in the U.S. per year, as well as increase the likelihood of depressive symptoms that then persist for years. Such harms are likely exacerbated by concomitant longer term social isolation, which in of itself is associated with a 30 percent increase in mortality risk. Loneliness and social isolation have been associated with a 29 percent increase in risk of incident coronary heart disease and a 32 percent increase in risk of stroke. The scale of these elevated health risks is significant—comparable to that caused by taking up light smoking or becoming obese.
The loss of earnings associated with being on a recessionary economic curve upon graduation also leads to adverse and lasting health outcomes. Graduating in a recession is associated with roughly a 6 percent increase in that cohort’s mortality rate, adjusting for age. A 1 percent increase in state unemployment level when first entering the job market has been associated with a 6.7 percent increase in depressive symptoms among men by age 40. [source]