Youtube censored a video of 2 Doctors discussing the current Coronavirus situation and ask whether the quarantine and shelter in place is necessary at this time. All the models failed, predicting hundreds of thousands of deaths even with social distancing.
American College of Emergency Physicians denounced their video in a statement. The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi.
Excerpts from video: (Video was made April 23, 2020)
- California is at only 12% infected, whereas the models predicted millions of deaths.
- They have 1,220 deaths total meaning just a 0.03% chance of dying in California.
- He asks; does that necessitate shutting down medical systems and sheltering in place. Many people with other health problems are afraid to go see their doctor thereby worsening their condition.
- 96% of people who get COVID-19 recover with no significant medical problems
- Millions of cases, small amount of deaths
- New York state amount tested: 649,000, cases: 256,000. 39% of New York tested positive. 19,410 deaths. 0.1% chance of dying in the state of New York, 92% recovery rate.
- ~10 minutes: USA: 4,000,000 tested – 800,000 cases. 19.6% infection rate. Extrapolate to entire population and you get SIMILAR infection and death rates to the flu. 37-60k deaths every year in the USA without a pandemic.
- USA compared to Spain: 930,000 tests – 204,000 cases. 22% infection rate. 21,000 died. 0.05% chance of dying in Spain. 90% chance of recovery without a vent or being in hospital.
- Compare lockdown to no lockdown; Sweden and California. Sweden: 1700 deaths, 21% infection rate, no lockdown. Schools and stores open.
- Secondary effects of lockdown: Child abuse, spousal abuse, loss of jobs, alcoholism. Suicide is spiking. People dying preventable deaths because scared to go to the doctor.
- Compare to the flu: 24-64k deaths each year due to the flu for 45 million cases. 0.13% chance of death from the flu in the USA. Lethality of COVID-19 much less.
- Immune System (~18 minutes) All the hand washing and disinfecting is lowering our immune system.
- Why is it OK for us to go to Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, why is it OK to get takeout food from someone who might not be wearing a mask, who might have breathed/coughed on your food – but not to go to work.
- Now that we know the facts, it’s time to get back to work.