It’s not about luck or genetics, experts said. It’s structural racism.
U.S. counties predominantly composed of white people have reported the fewest coronavirus cases, while diverse counties have been hit disproportionately harder by COVID-19, new research shows.
Researchers analyzed publicly available U.S. Census data and found that while 22% of counties have a predominantly Black population, those counties accounted for 47% of COVID-19 cases and 54% of deaths as of June. That racial disparity held true regardless of geographic region or political affiliation and was the same both before and after reopening the U.S. economy.
Counties that were more than 93% white reported the lowest rate of COVID-19 infections, at just 188 per 100,000 residents, compared with 914 per 100,000 residents in counties that were less than 60% white.
Studies and statistics regarding health and wellbeing.
Forbes: You Must Not ‘Do Your Own Research’ When It Comes To Science – just believe government and pharmaceutical company mandated propaganda
Research is for the experts. Listen to them instead. Only believe government and pharmaceutical company mandated propaganda
“Research both sides and make up your own mind.” It’s simple, straightforward, common sense advice. And when it comes to issues like vaccinations, climate change, and the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, it can be dangerous, destructive, and even deadly. The techniques that most of us use to navigate most of our decisions in life — gathering information, evaluating it based on what we know, and choosing a course of action — can lead to spectacular failures when it comes to a scientific matter.
Fat people are more prone to corruption; physical characteristics of politicians such as their body‐mass index can be used as proxy variables for political corruption when the latter are not available, for instance at a very local level.
We collected 299 frontal face images of 2017 cabinet ministers from 15 post‐Soviet states (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan). For each image, the minister’s body‐mass index is estimated using a computer vision algorithm. The median estimated body‐mass index of cabinet ministers is highly correlated with conventional measures of corruption (Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index, World Bank worldwide governance indicator Control of Corruption, Index of Public Integrity). This result suggests that physical characteristics of politicians such as their body‐mass index can be used as proxy variables for political corruption when the latter are not available, for instance at a very local level.
Many people will associate autism with traits including atypical social interactions, repetitive behaviours, and difficulties with speech and communication.
But perhaps lesser known is the fact people with autism are more likely to experience gastrointestinal disorders than the general population.
One review found children with autism were four times more likely to report gastrointestinal symptoms than children without a diagnosis. A number of studies in the review reported the prevalence of gut problems was the same among boys and girls.
The offspring of mice that received microbes from boys with autism showed behaviours that could be relevant to autism (they buried more marbles in their cage bedding, potentially an indication of repetitive behaviour), compared to mice who were transplanted with microbes from typically developing children.
Other studies have tested if changing gut microbes by treating patients with prebiotics (food for the bacteria in your gut) or probiotics (helpful bacteria) can affect autism behaviours. But a review of these studies showed no consensus – in other words, some studies showed an effect, while others didn’t.
“Examining noninfluenza viruses specifically, the odds of both coronavirus and human metapneumovirus in vaccinated individuals were significantly higher when compared to unvaccinated individuals (OR = 1.36 and 1.51, respectively) (Table 5).”
Such an observation may seem counterintuitive, but it is possible that influenza vaccines alter our immune systems non-specifically to increase susceptibility to other infections; this has been observed with DTP and other vaccines. (Benn et al, Trends in Immunology, May 2013) There are other immune mechanisms that might also explain the observation.
- Black on white crime statistics 6 comments
- Police shooting statistics analyzed; the truth behind racial disparities in fatal police shootings. 5 comments
- George Floyd Killing and Subsequent Antifa, BLM Riots 4 comments
- Black Crime Statistics 4 comments
- Salon writer thinks peaceful protests are the same as riots: I can’t get past the differences between the Minneapolis BLM protest and anti-lockdown protests 2 comments
- Ninety percent of 43,000 extremists on MI5 watchlist are Islamist terror suspects while police are ‘obsessed’ with catching far-right extremists and media and politicians tell us how the “alt-right” is a problem 2 comments
- There was no measurable difference in coronavirus cases among children in Sweden, where schools were left open, compared with neighboring Finland, where schools were shut. A French study last month found that school children don’t appear to transmit Covid-19 to peers or teachers 1 comment
- Leftist organizations, media, politicians supporting a racist ‘black power’ organization “Black Visions” which wants to abolish police, borders, prisons, ICE 1 comment
- #WhiteLivesMatter trends – leftists equate this to white supremacy and shut down all discourse while laughing at white people 1 comment
- Britain’s Pedophile Muslim Grooming Gangs – Thousands of underage white girls raped and sexually exploited by Muslim grooming gangs. Police for fear of being labeled racist didn’t investigate, covered this up and downplayed everything. 1 comment