Wagner Schwartz received the first death threat two days after lying naked on the floor of a museum in São Paulo. It was October 2017 and the Brazilian artist had invited members of his audience, which included children, to adjust his body: move a limb, roll him over, that kind of thing. This was for a dance piece called La Bête, a work he had already staged many times at home and abroad. So it was a shock to suddenly find himself the target of an increasingly emboldened network of rightwing and evangelical Christian groups.
“Having children touching and being exposed to a naked strange man is wrong,” he says, but he does add: “Our legal institutions are the ones to deal with it.” Nonetheless, Schwartz was forced into hiding and, shortly after, boarded a flight to Paris. “I was frightened,” he says. “Justice in Brazil does not protect those who are threatened.
The Guardian propaganda: US critics of stay-at-home orders tied to fossil fuel funding. Reality: “we don’t have direct evidence of specific grant money going for Covid denial”
Some of the contributions tallied are recent and others are at least five years old or older. ExxonMobil, for example, had broken ties with two of the groups in this story by 2006. There is no evidence that these companies and foundations are funding ongoing campaigns to reopen businesses.
But Brendan DeMelle, executive director of DeSmog, said the “information echo chamber” of interests downplaying both the climate crisis and the pandemic would not be what it is today without fossil fuel funding.
“While we don’t have direct evidence of specific grant money going for Covid denial, none of these operations would exist without their support over the years,” DeMelle said.
I wanted to believe the comforting thought that, when it comes to coronavirus, we are all in this together.. That knowing we’re all equally at risk, we’re pulling together in the same direction, bearing the strain equally.
The false nature of this belief was initially most obvious in relation to class. Once the lockdown was imposed, a gulf very quickly opened up between those on full salaries working on laptops from home, fretting about having to cancel Easter holidays, and those living hand to mouth, fretting about how to feed their children and avoid being made homeless.
Government advice revealed its ignorance of how many people actually live. How do you self-isolate when you live in cramped or shared accommodation? How do you reduce shopping trips to once a week when you have little or no storage space? And if you do want to go to the park or do an extra shop, you now risk not only infection, but coming into contact with the police, some of whom are zealously taking advantage of their new social control powers.
Fake News: Trump reportedly offered a German company billion dollars for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine
A billion dollars. That’s about how much President Trump reportedly offered a German company in exchange for exclusive access to a coronavirus vaccine.
Reuters: Germany tries to halt U.S. interest in firm working on coronavirus vaccine https://www.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2120IV
DW: The prominent German media outlet reported, citing unnamed sources, that US President Donald Trump was offering large sums of money to German scientists working on a vaccine. He wanted to secure exclusive rights to their work, the newspaper reported. https://amp.dw.com/en/germany-and-us-wrestle-over-coronavirus-vaccine-report/a-52777990
German politicians and The Guardian falling for the bullshit: German ministers have reacted angrily following reports US president Donald Trump offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive rights to a Covid-19 vaccine.
“Germany is not for sale,” economy minister Peter Altmaier told broadcaster ARD, reacting to a front page report in Welt am Sonntag newspaper headlined “Trump vs Berlin”. https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/not-for-sale-anger-in-germany-at-report-trump-seeking-exclusive-coronavirus-vaccine-deal
Reality: Reuters Stealth-Edits False Story of Trump Seeking Vaccine ‘Monopoly https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/03/16/reuters-stealth-edits-debunked-story-claiming-trump-sought-monopoly-on-covid-19-vaccine/amp
German firm insists Trump didn’t try to buy coronavirus vaccine Pharma company contradicts both German government and its main investor. https://www.politico.eu/article/trump-coronavirus-vaccine-germany-curevac/amp/
- Police shooting statistics 5 comments
- Black on white crime 3 comments
- George Floyd Killing and Subsequent Riots 3 comments
- Salon writer thinks peaceful protests are the same as riots: I can’t get past the differences between the Minneapolis BLM protest and anti-lockdown protests 2 comments
- Black Crime Statistics 2 comments
- Leftist organizations, media, politicians supporting a racist ‘black power’ organization “Black Visions” which wants to abolish police, borders, prisons, ICE 1 comment
- #WhiteLivesMatter trends – leftists equate this to white supremacy and shut down all discourse while laughing at white people 1 comment
- List of major brands, companies, celebrities that supported BLM, George Floyd rioters and looters using lies and misconceptions about black victimization and homicide rates – Blackout Tuesday. 1 comment
- George Floyd Riots – Media and politicians blaming white supremacists, Trump, alt-right, instead of the actual people rioting, looting and attacking cops and civilians. Then actors and politicians bail out arrested rioters. 1 comment
- Ninety percent of 43,000 extremists on MI5 watchlist are Islamist terror suspects while police are ‘obsessed’ with catching far-right extremists and media and politicians tell us how the “alt-right” is a problem 1 comment