For white people who have just recently recognized their own complicity in America’s racist systems and are looking to “fix” that — it’s not going to happen overnight.
“It’s a little bit like saying ‘I want to be in shape tomorrow’ …” says author Robin DiAngelo. “This is going to be a process.”
DiAngelo is the author of White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism. The book came out in 2018 and is back on the bestseller lists as streets fill with protesters calling for an end to police violence against black people.
The status quo in the United States is racism, DiAngelo says, and “it is comfortable for me, as a white person, to live in a racist society.”
To sustain the momentum of these protests, DiAngelo says, it must become uncomfortable for white people to continue to benefit from racist systems.
“We’ve got to start making it uncomfortable and figuring out what supports we’re going to put in place to help us continue to be uncomfortable,” she says. “Because the forces of comfort are quite seductive.”
A professor at the University of California in Los Angeles has been suspended and placed under police protection after he rejected his non-black students’ appeals for him to be lenient with his black students.
Gordon Klein, an accounting professor in the Anderson School of Business, where he has been teaching for 39 years, was suspended by the university for three weeks beginning on June 25.
The Malibu Police Department reportedly has an increased police presence outside Klein’s home after multiple threats, which were made after a student, Emilia Martinez, posted an email exchange online.
A petition to have Klein removed has gained almost 20,000 signatures.
The petition seeks Klein’s firing as a result of his ‘extremely insensitive, dismissive, and woefully racist response to his students’ request for empathy and compassion during a time of civil unrest.’
The story began when a group of students, who described themselves as ‘non-black allies’ of their black peers, wrote to Klein asking for him to effectively cancel the final exams for black students.
They requested a ‘no-harm’ final exam that could only benefit students’ grades, and for shortened exams and extended deadlines for final assignments and projects.
The students wrote that, in light of recent ‘traumas, we have been placed in a position where we much choose between actively supporting our black classmates or focusing on finishing up our spring quarter’.
Klein wrote back and declined their request, composing an email that some students felt was mocking them.
‘Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota,’ he wrote.
‘Do you know the names of the classmates that are black? How can I identify them since we’ve been having online classes only?
‘Are there any students that may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian?
The dean of Anderson School of Business, Antonio Bernardo, agreed with Martinez.
He sent an email to students on Monday calling Klein’s behavior ‘troubling’.
He has also reportedly extended the time students have to complete exams given the ‘difficult circumstances’.
- Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8404307/Professor-suspended-refusing-request-lenient-marking-black-students-assessments.html
273k likes for this: “You know who i have been scared to stand in a room with? straight white males”
CNN race baiting and inciting racial hatred by having 7 year old ask “If a police officer is supposed to serve and protect people, why would he harm me because of the color of my skin?”
CNN race baiting, had a 7 year old child on who asked: “If a police officer is supposed to serve and protect people, why would he harm me because of the color of my skin?”
This is absolute lies, propaganda and incitement of hate. Police don’t shoot black people because of the color of their skin. For actual police shooting statistics visit this link.
For months, public health experts have urged Americans to take every precaution to stop the spread of Covid-19—stay at home, steer clear of friends and extended family, and absolutely avoid large gatherings.
Now some of those experts are broadcasting a new message: It’s time to get out of the house and join the mass protests against racism.
“We should always evaluate the risks and benefits of efforts to control the virus,” Jennifer Nuzzo, a Johns Hopkins epidemiologist, tweeted on Tuesday. “In this moment the public health risks of not protesting to demand an end to systemic racism greatly exceed the harms of the virus.”
“The injustice that’s evident to everyone right now needs to be addressed,” Abraar Karan, a Brigham and Women’s Hospital physician who’s exhorted coronavirus experts to amplify the protests’ anti-racist message, told me. “While I have voiced concerns that protests risk creating more outbreaks, the status quo wasn’t going to stop #covid19 either,” he wrote on Twitter this week.
“Black lives matter” keyword trends 2016 vs 2020 – Black lives seem to matter only in election years
Knowing this, he wants ALL whites to atone for these injustices even though 99% of whites have nothing to do with any of this?
African-Americans across the country have taken to the streets and to their social media feeds to plead through protest that “black lives matter” and “enough is enough.” But amidst all the noise and all the hashtags, many African-Americans say there is nothing quite as deafening as “white silence.”
Race baiting CBS: A white bar owner in Omaha shot and killed a black protester. He won’t face charges.
During protests in Omaha, Nebraska over the weekend, a black activist was shot and killed by a white bar owner after a fight broke out. The county attorney said the shooter will not face charges because he was “defending himself.”
James Scurlock, 22, was killed by Jacob Gardner, the owner of the Hive Bar and Gatsby Bar in Omaha’s Old Market neighborhood around midnight Saturday in the midst of protests against police brutality and George Floyd‘s death.
Jake Offenhartz shares deceptively edited video showing new York police pointing gun at protesters. Reality: they had brick thrown at their head.
This video/tweet is a LIE
This video does *not* include what happened right before he pulled his gun out
A savage thug pulled out a brick & struck his supervisor in the back of the head
He pulled his gun out to clear out the area
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) June 2, 2020
Because our white leaders lack compassion and empathy black people continue to die. The virus of racism and hatred continue to spread. It eats away at the guts of our country.
Blacks live in democrat cities, with many black mayors, council members, government members, police chiefs… but it’s still ALL white people’s fault.
If a president cited crime statistics to rile up racial hatred, but his speech was immediately followed by a terrorist massacre, would he be criticized?
Well, not if he were Barack Obama, whose July 7, 2016, TV oration from Warsaw denouncing the police shootings of two black men was followed later that day by the murder of five policemen at a Dallas Black Lives Matter march. Ten days after Obama’s speech, three more cops were murdered in Baton Rouge.
NBC “News” race baiting – “A black transgender man was fatally shot Wednesday by a police officer” – Don’t mention how he killed someone before this and wanted to suicide by cops
Double standards? Police response to white people screaming at them in Virginia vs. mostly black people looting, attacking police, torching businesses in Minnesota
Progressive liberals, social justice warriors and other virtue signalers for some reason can’t tell the difference between screaming at police, but staying peaceful vs. attacking police cars, attacking civilians, looting stores, burning buildings. To them, it is racism, not people’s actions that lead to different police responses.
Salon writer thinks peaceful protests are the same as riots: I can’t get past the differences between the Minneapolis BLM protest and anti-lockdown protests.
But Minneapolis police have used riot gear cops in previous protests:
- In 2019, Minneapolis police also were out in riot gear after a Trump rally. No problems then.
- In 2016, they also broke up a protest in riot gear. Nearly everyone arrested then was white social justice warriors.
- In 2015, police also dressed in riot gear after a protest.
As protesters march on Trump Tower in Chicago & the White House, a frank media might point out the death of Mr.Floyd happened under a democrat mayor, democrat senator, democrat governor, with a democrat county prosecutor. But the left still blames the alt-right or white supremacists.
- 20-05-27: The protesters already start attacking police cars on the 101 freeway in LA during a protest against the death of George Floyd [mirror video] and [second mirror]
- 20-05-28: Body found in torched pawn shop.
- Beginning of rioting, then more rioting And even more rioting and more rioting and attacking police
- Here we see the progressive leftist double standards: white people with guns peacefully assemble, police doesn’t disperse them. Blacks riot, attack police vehicles, throw things at them, get pepper spayed. This is deemed racist.
- Ilhan Omar justifying the rioting
- Kaepernick on George Floyd’s death: ‘When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction’ – So rioting is OK when you think you’re oppressed.
- Day 2, May 28 more looting. This time a Verizon store and a discount tire shop. More coverage of the looting.
- Day 3: more rioting, ransack police station, grocery store. Overview video of all the destruction.
- May 30: Mass riots erupt in at least 20 US cities
- June 9: Crowds gather at Houston church to pay tribute to George Floyd – This is while Chicago had the most violent day in 80 years. 85 people were shot and 24 killed last weekend. Democrats virtue signal by taking a knee to honor George Floyd while wearing Kente cloths
The Central Park Dog Walker Case with Amy Cooper Is Covington 2.0 – Also dispels the “white privilege” myth. This story got more coverage and outrage than the countless brutal black on white crimes committed the same month.
Funny thing about viral videos: They don’t necessarily give the full and complete context for what happened, do they? They might, for instance, begin only after someone does something bizarre and provocative but record solely the reaction. Covington was only 16 months ago. Did we learn anything from it? Apparently not. A similar thing happened in Central Park this weekend, the world reacted in the same way, and once again a misleading video made it appear that a target of a deliberate provocation was a racist for reacting understandably to the provocateur.
HIM: “Look, if you’re going to do what you want, I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it.”
HER: “What’s that?”
HIM [to the dog]: “Come here, puppy!”
HER: “He won’t come to you.”
HIM: “We’ll see about that.” . . .
Possibly it was an overreaction for Ms. Cooper to call the police. Then again, when citizens feel threatened, calling the police and letting them sort it out is what is supposed to happen. What Mr. Cooper said to her was unmistakably a threat. It was reasonable for her to be scared. “I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it”? That’s a menacing thing to say. He then called the dog over while offering it a treat. He obviously meant her to think he was going to poison her dog to motivate her to leash the animal. By his own admission, he said something calculated to frighten her.
Ms. Cooper would probably have been wise to leash her pet and walk briskly away, but when a stranger threatens to poison your dog in Central Park, that is bound to cause consternation. It’s not unreasonable for her to have felt herself (as well as the dog) personally threatened by Mr. Cooper’s saying, “I’m going to do what I want, and you’re not going to like it.” She later told CNN, “I didn’t know what that meant. When you’re alone in a wooded area, that’s absolutely terrifying, right?” A question for the mobs denouncing her: Would you abjure the right to call the police if you were alone in a park with a stranger who said to you, “I’m going to do what I want, but you’re not going to like it”?
This non story has gotten 100% more media coverage and public outrage than the man who beats dementia patients for fun and the man who sniped an elderly couple to death in a cemetery….. combined. For all the May 2020 crime stats, see our black on white crime post
Some of the experts had devoted their entire careers to addressing questions surrounding racial health inequities. Years of research, and in some instances failed interventions, had left them baffled. Why are black people so sick?M
My answer was swift and unequivocal.
I meant what I said: The era of slavery was when white Americans determined that black Americans needed only the bare necessities, not enough to keep them optimally safe and healthy. It set in motion black people’s diminished access to healthy foods, safe working conditions, medical treatment and a host of other social inequities that negatively impact health.
Even before Covid-19, black Americans had higher rates of multiple chronic illnesses and a lower life expectancy than white Americans, regardless of weight. This is an indication that our social structures are failing us. These failings — and the accompanying embrace of the belief that black bodies are uniquely flawed — are rooted in a shameful era of American history that took place hundreds of years before this pandemic.
Black people eating unhealthy foods is not their fault, it’s the racist white people and society’s fault.
“We are seeing a huge uptick” in rhetoric from hate groups during the pandemic, said one expert on a call with the SPLC
Anti-extremism experts are “quite concerned” about hateful rhetoric spiking in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic — not just because of a rise in anti-Asian sentiment related to the virus, but also due to people in self-quarantine being more exposed to extremist movements online.
During a call with reporters to discuss the findings of the annual Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) “Year in Hate” report, anti-extremism experts spoke at length about their concerns about violent white-nationalist rhetoric mounting in the midst of the pandemic, fueled in part by actions taken by the Trump administration.
Hear that, as long as you have “experts”, you can race bait and fear monger about anything!
Racist race baiter Shree Paradkar: (Mostly) white covidiots at Trinity Bellwoods Park think the rules don’t apply to them. They’re right
I wonder if the news about who is most at risk from COVID-19 — the racialized have-nots — has created a sense of inoculation among the haves. It’s affecting those people, not us, unless we’re old.
So in this racists mind white people are such scum that they all know how covid affects non whites, and all white people use this information to go out and have fun to spite all the “racialized” people.
Photographs doing the rounds on social media showed thousands of what looked like white people milling around in crowds in the west-end park, as if millions of other Torontonians were not holding back from precisely that because common sense. And courtesy. And safety.
“Damn white people doing bad things, all the non whites have common sense”
No doubt there were racialized folks among those gathered — fools come from all races — but they were protected by the overwhelming whiteness of those around them.
Damn white privilege again
A couple of weeks ago, a Tamil friend in our suburban neighbourhood was taking his children for a walk, observing all social-distancing protocols. A white man working on his front lawn chided him for being outside and told him to get off the sidewalk and walk on the road.
Did you hear that, one anecdote of a bad white person means racism is everywhere.
Has the province sought the might of the police to keep all of us safe or only some of us safe? Why does the amount of melanin in the wrongdoer dictate who gets off, and whom we choose to perceive as wrongdoer in the first place?
Guess there’s no one quite like covidiots to expose the toxic hierarchies that operate under pretty ideals of egalitarianism.
Pure seething white people hate. [article mirror]
If we’re going by anecdotes, here’s a white family that was fined $880
Print edition of the Toronto Star had an even more racist headline:
- Source: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/opinion/2020/05/24/mostly-white-covidiots-at-trinity-bellwoods-think-the-rules-dont-apply-to-them-theyre-right.html
Anti white racism: small amount of white people do something unsavory, leftists write articles on how all white people need to do better
Imagine if white was instead changed to “Muslim”. Imagine if white people wrote outrage and race baiting articles like this after encountering a handful of Muslims doing something they didn’t approve of.
Last week Subramanian took her daughter to the playground, where the little girl was told by two young blonde girls that she couldn’t play with them because she isn’t blonde, too. One thing that Subramanian thinks would be beneficial is resources that will help white parents learn how to talk to their kids about race
So because 2 girls did something, we need to get outraged and write articles about all white people needing to do better?
Overt acts of hate are increasing. Data from the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism report, “White Supremacists Double Down on Propaganda in 2019,” shows that incidents of on- and off-campus distribution of racist leaflets, brochures and other material more than doubled between 2018 and 2019; and in a Feb. 5 hearing, FBI Director Christopher A. Wray stated that the threat posed by racist extremists is now a “national threat priority.” Parents need to help their kids understand that behavior borne of hatred causes division among us, it incites violence that will continue to destabilize society, and it does not honor everyone’s right to live in peace and with respect.
I don’t seem to recall seeing any articles like this when Islamic terrorism was on the rise. Should Muslim parents teach their kids to not become radicals? Or is lumping people because of their skin or religion into one big group racist?
But even the FBI has told us that white supremacy and racism are a “national threat priority.” Jennifer Fink, founder of Building Boys parenting resource and host of “On Boys” podcast, puts our collective situation in perspective: “For far too long, white families have been able to avoid racial conversations.
Some white people are bad = “all white people, you are responsible, teach your kids better”. Some Muslims are bad, “not all Muslims you bigot”
As of April 29 in Wisconsin, where blacks are just 6.3 percent of the population, they accounted for 23 percent of the coronavirus cases and 33 percent of the deaths. The growing consensus is that preexisting race-based health disparities are a significant factor in these alarming numbers.
Black People eat shitty food, it’s race based health disparities.
Add to the mix white agitators protesting state-issued stay-at-home orders while outfitted in full military gear, carrying automatic weapons and waving Confederate flags, and it is impossible to deny that our society’s endemic race issues have necessitated yet more conversations in my house about race.
People protest = white agitators
Preparing kids to face what living in their black skin will be like is critical. “This country was built on racism. Our children have to be prepared for that,” says Janice Robinson-Celeste, co-founder and publisher of Successful Black Parenting magazine. “The resurrection of white nationalists and racial bullying keeps race as a center point in our children’s lives, and they have to be ready to manage their thoughts and responses at all times.”
Be scared, white people are out to get you
- Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2020/05/22/we-need-more-white-parents-talk-their-kids-about-race-especially-now/
Tolerant White Hating Leftists at The Root Dissect an Essay by a White Woman While Using “Whiteness” as a Derogatory Term: Andrea Askowitz Invents New Level of Whiteness
It requires a special brand of American-brand whiteness and privilege to include the lines “spend a year in Spain” and “see the world” and “learn to live less like spoiled Americans” in the same sentence without a hint of irony. In most essays, this would be the whitest paragraph. But it gets whiter. Andrea Askowitz is a conjurer.
I can picture the man Askowitz refers to here. He’s bearded, he makes a living selling artisanal blades of grass, he wears cargo shorts in 30-degree weather, he buys clothes at Whole Foods, and he hates Tame Impala now because “Kevin Parker has gone corporate.” But somehow, he’s the least douchiest person in this exchange. Andrea Askowitz is a magician.
There’s just too much whiteness happening here for me to accurately process it all. It’s whiteness bukkake, and you need some protective gear to finish it.
That this was able to happen is all you need to know about…anything now, really. Andrea Askowitz is a white American.
Just pure, seething white hatred. Imagine if people made fun of a black lady and used “blackness” as a derogatory term… This is the privilege of being a minority. Free reign to be blatantly racist against whites. And this racist isn’t just some nobody:
Damon Young is the editor-in-chief of VSB, a columnist for GQ.com, and the author of What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Blacker (Ecco/HarperCollins)
Comments follow in the same path of hating on whites.
222k likes for this racist anti white tweet: “Can’t believe that white people created race structures in America and have the audacity to say, “why does everything have to be about race?”
Massive negative generalization of white people seems to be a-ok with the woke crowd. One wonders how the white people of Scandinavia or Eastern Europe feel, having absolutely nothing to do with slavery in the USA.
Even retweeted by star wars actor John boyega.
Can’t believe that white people created race structures in America and have the audacity to say, “why does everything have to be about race?” ….
— Golden Daka (@golden_daka) May 14, 2020
Black Britons are nearly four times less likely than white people to have outdoor space at home during the coronavirus lockdown
The survey found only 63% of black people in England have access to outdoor space, whether it is a private or shared garden, a patio or a balcony.
Some 90% of white people have access, the survey data found.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) said Wednesday that the lockdown protests are “racist and misogynistic” and called on those with a platform to discourage the demonstrators.
Whitmer told ABC’s “The View” that the protests are “really political” as demonstrators have brought nooses, Confederate flags and Nazi symbolism. [Literally a handful of people did this, she then used this to discredit everyone]
“This is not appropriate in a global pandemic,” she said. “But it’s certainly not an exercise of democratic principles where we have free speech. This is calls to violence. This is racist and misogynistic.”
- Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/497560-michigan-governor-whitmer-lockdown-protests-are-racist-and-misogynistic?amp&__twitter_impression=true
New York Times: Jogging Has Always Excluded Black People (but black people hold all the gold medals for sprinting)
Free! Easy! Relaxing! That’s how jogging was marketed in the late 1960s, when the idea of heading out on a regular run was unfamiliar to most Americans. Unlike other physical fitness programs that required heavy, expensive gear, jogging was accessible to all, boosters claimed.
But history shows how untrue that is, and how long the sport of running has maintained this fiction.
When video surfaced of the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, the young black jogger gunned down in South Georgia, distance runners became a new voice among the usual chorus of social justice activists who grimly parse such tragedies. But among runners, reactions largely differed by one important factor: race.
The top Olympic winners are all black: https://www.rankings.com/sports-track-sprinters/
- Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/12/opinion/running-jogging-race-ahmaud-arbery.html#click=https://t.co/e8jG10rQ0W
According to the NYPD, there have been 374 social distancing-related summonses issued since COVID-19 restrictions were put in place six weeks ago. Of that number, 304 of the summonses have been issued to black or Latino people.
That follows news that 35 of 40 people arrested in Brooklyn between March 17 and May 4, were black. Across the city, where there were 120 social distancing arrests, 68% of the people were black, 24% Latino and 7% white.
“That’s abysmal,” Public Advocate Jumaane Williams said during a Zoom meeting news conference Friday. “This is not the federal government. This is not Donald Trump.”
- Source: https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/nyc-politicians-outraged-after-nypd-reveals-80-of-social-distancing-arrests-have-been-minorities/article_d7c6ff24-d527-50ca-9a52-643957422b32.html
Leftists, progressives and many black people only get outraged when once in a million years a white person kills a black person. Black on black and black on white crime doesn’t concern them. There is national outrage after a black person is killed. No such outrage when black on white crime occurs. Leading one to the conclusion that this is all simply white people hatred.
- 2020 May 4: 2 blacks kill a white. No mass outage.
- 2016: Karina Vetrano: the White Female Jogger Found Murdered and Sexually Assaulted in Queens in 2016 by a Black Male. No national outrage.
- 2013: Christopher Lane, Australian baseball player, out for a jog, killed by 3 “bored” black Oklahoma teens. No national outage.
Top 3 Reasons to Doubt the Ahmaud “Just a Jogger” Arbery Narrative Do you know who these two race-hustlers are? If you pay attention, you know that Black Lives Matter co-founder Shaun King (a.k.a. Talcum X, Martin Luther Cream, or W.E.B. De Fraud) and lawyer Lee Merritt are Morehouse College buddies who have been partners in anti-white, anti-cop agitation for upwards of two decades.
These protests aren’t really about public health policy or the virus — they’re a display of white identity politics
The question isn’t whether white identity politics and racism are fueling the protests. The real question is why. Racism isn’t some kind of magical force that shields your body from the coronavirus. Even Donald “Inject Bleach” Trump hasn’t been fool enough to suggest you can defeat the virus by wrapping yourself in the Confederate flag. Yet there’s no denying that there’s a direct correlation between racist attitudes and the belief that the coronavirus is an overblown hoax and the lockdowns are the result of a widespread leftist conspiracy.
That isn’t just true of the protesters, either. The most prominent voices in media and politics who are egging them on and denouncing stay-at-home orders also happen to be the people who are doing their utmost to mainstream white nationalist ideology.
I wanted to believe the comforting thought that, when it comes to coronavirus, we are all in this together.. That knowing we’re all equally at risk, we’re pulling together in the same direction, bearing the strain equally.
The false nature of this belief was initially most obvious in relation to class. Once the lockdown was imposed, a gulf very quickly opened up between those on full salaries working on laptops from home, fretting about having to cancel Easter holidays, and those living hand to mouth, fretting about how to feed their children and avoid being made homeless.
Government advice revealed its ignorance of how many people actually live. How do you self-isolate when you live in cramped or shared accommodation? How do you reduce shopping trips to once a week when you have little or no storage space? And if you do want to go to the park or do an extra shop, you now risk not only infection, but coming into contact with the police, some of whom are zealously taking advantage of their new social control powers.
Black People Eat Shitty Food; Get Diabetes, Heart Disease, Disproportionately Die From Coronavirus. Liberals: “This is systemic racism, classism”
Moreover, it appears that those dying of COVID-19 are disproportionately the poor and people of color, attesting to systemic inequality in the United States. This is not merely a manifestation of systemic racism and classism. It reveals a lack of situational awareness about the trajectory of the pandemic itself, which will seriously undermine containment.
Minorities don’t want to go outdoors = white people’s fault.
So what is keeping people of color from participating in outdoor recreation and enjoying its benefits? As activist and author Glenn Nelson writes, “Because the outdoors remains a largely white domain, it is up to white America to invite communities of color in, to enlist us as allies.” Here are a few proven strategies for outings leaders (and well-meaning white folks) who want to be part of the solution.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: COVID deaths are disproportionately spiking in Black + Brown communities. Why? Because the chronic toll of redlining, environmental racism, wealth gap, etc.
COVID deaths are disproportionately spiking in Black + Brown communities. Why? Because the chronic toll of redlining, environmental racism, wealth gap, etc. ARE underlying health conditions. Inequality is a comorbidity. COVID relief should be drafted with a lens of reparations. (more…)
CBC’s Obsession And Blowing Out of Proportion Barely Existent Racism in Canada in Regards to the Coronavirus
Another petition from a University of Waterloo student called on the Ontario government to shut down all campuses “to prevent further spread of the virus.” As of Tuesday afternoon it had nearly 30,000 signatures.
Kerry Bowman, a bioethicist at the University of Toronto who was a frontline healthcare worker during the SARS outbreak in 2002-3, said the petitions were “a strong overreaction, and there’s clearly elements of racism to it.”
Australia’s white-dominated press lacks the racial literacy to see racism and to challenge racists
Muslim girl says her hijab was cut up in a ‘hate crime’ attack – Prime minister Trudeau, Ontario premier, Toronto mayor tweet about it – turns out it was a hoax
It was the assault that pulled on the heartstrings of a nation. Khawlah Noman’s story of being attacked not once but twice by a man in his 20s who used scissors to cut her hijab garnered responses from coast-to-coast.
The media seized upon this troubling tale as camera crews rushed to her Scarborough school for a press conference several hours after the Friday morning assault happened.
“I felt really scared and confused,” Noman said as part of a broader statement, explaining she screamed and the man ran away, only to return again. “He continued cutting my hijab again.”
The public sentiments were like a deluge: they came fast and they came strong. Toronto Mayor John Tory. Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. They all issued statements. “Canada is an open and welcoming country,” posted Trudeau, “and incidents like this cannot be tolerated.”
On Monday, Toronto Police issued the following brief statement. “After a detailed investigation, police have determined that the events described did not happen,” it read. “Our investigation is concluded and we don’t expect anything further.”
- Source: https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/furey-hijab-hoax-girl-family-owe-canadians-an-apology
I’m white and Jewish and grew up in a middle class liberal Canadian home in the ’70s, so I was raised with two contradictory messages about race and racism:
- Racism is bad.
- You should never talk about race.
I think the idea was that we shouldn’t talk about race because it reinforces racism. But teaching kids, particularly white kids, that they shouldn’t talk about race isn’t a step toward less racism or greater equity. Instead, it creates silence where existing systemic racism — and the white supremacy that underlies it — continues.
It teaches white kids that they don’t have to think or talk about race, and it contributes to a white, mainstream world that doesn’t care about or acknowledge the ways that black, Indigenous, and kids of colour experience prejudice (and pride).
- Source: https://www.cbc.ca/parents/learning/view/why-white-parents-need-to-talk-to-their-kids-about-racism
Reuters: “White Ohio Police Officer Shoots Black 13-Year-Old Boy Armed With BB Gun”—But Stab Two White Nuns And It’s “Man Arrested”
Reuters when white officer kills black kid:
White Ohio police officer shoots black 13-year-old boy armed with BB gun http://reut.rs/2cMnXKZ
Compare to when black man kills two white nuns:
Mississippi man arrested in stabbing death of two nuns: police
- Source: https://vdare.com/posts/reuters-white-ohio-police-officer-shoots-black-13-year-old-boy-armed-with-bb-gun-but-stab-two-white-nuns-and-it-s-man-arrested
Salon: Charleston church massacre: The violence white America must answer for – Muslims don’t need to apologize for the Tsarnaevs
- Source: https://www.salon.com/2015/06/18/charleston_church_massacre_the_violence_white_america_must_answer_for/
- Black homicide rate is 196 per million (page 11). While police kill only 6.6 per million blacks. Compared to white homicide rate of 33 per million, while police kill 3 per million whites. Meaning while blacks kill 493% MORE people than whites, they are killed by police only 120% more often.
- A police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.
- Blacks “were about 25% of those killed by cops last year…that share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict” Blacks were responsible for 53% of homicides & 60% of robberies despite only making up 13% of the population
- Meinfeld et al. (2018) finds that black people account for 33% of those killed by non-white police officers compared to only 28% of those killed by white police officers.
- Although we find that while minority suspects are disproportionately killed by police, white officers appear to be no more likely to use lethal force against minorities than non-white officers.
- More studies:
- Johnson et al. (2019) analyzed data on those fatally shot by police in the year 2015. As shown in table 2, the race of police involved in fatal shootings is unrelated to the probability that the person being shot is black or Hispanic.
- The CDC says that around 27% of people killed by police are black. A sociologist used data from Killedbypolice.net to argue that number should be 30%. The FBI puts it at 32%. By contrast, Black Americans account for 13% of the total population, 38% violent criminals, and 53% of murders.
- “We found that the race of the officer doesn’t matter when it comes to predicting whether black or white citizens are shot,” Cesario said. “If anything, black citizens are more likely to have been shot by black officers, but this is because black officers are drawn from the same population that they police. So, the more black citizens there are in a community, the more black police officers there are.”
- “Many people ask whether black or white citizens are more likely to be shot and why. We found that violent crime rates are the driving force behind fatal shootings. The vast majority – between 90% and 95% – of the civilians shot by officers were actively attacking police or other citizens when they were shot. Ninety percent also were armed with a weapon when they were shot. The horrific cases of accidental shootings, like mistaking a cell phone for a gun, are rare, Cesario said.
- officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account.
- Blacks resisted arrest 8 times more than whites. Law enforcement officers cited suspects with resisting arrest 9,633 times in cases where the suspect was not charged with a felony. African Americans accounted for 45 percent of those cited, even though they make up just 6 percent of the city’s population.
- Psychologists Joseph Cesario of Michigan State and David Johnson of the University of Maryland analyzed 917 fatal police shootings of civilians from 2015 to test whether the race of the officer or the civilian predicted fatal police shootings. Neither did. Once “race specific rates of violent crime” are taken into account, the authors found, there are no disparities among those fatally shot by the police.
- Blacks are 13% of the population and commit over 50% of violent crime
- From 2017 to March 31 2020, victims of police shootings by race:
Whites: 1268 = 39%
Blacks: 698 = 21%
Hispanic: 498 = 15%
- Blacks, committing 50% of violent crime comprise just 21% of all people killed by police.
- While whites, who commit 45% of violent crime comprise 39% of all killed by police. – Looks like the police is racist against whites, not blacks. Killing them at twice the rate of blacks.
- WALSH: I Looked Up Every Case Of An Unarmed Black Man Shot By Cops In 2019. Here’s The Truth The Media And BLM Are Hiding.
- Good Policing Saves Black Lives A report by Harvard’s Roland Fryer shows that when the cops pull back, homicides increase.
- The number of unarmed African American males who are shot by police each year is similar to the number of Black males annually struck by lightning (Lemoine, 2017). Yet no one thinks black people should live in fear of lighting. These shootings are very rare and even if they were due to bias it would be absurd for them to receive the amount of attention that they do.
Tone deaf leftists blaming police for being “racist” against blacks
Reddit 116k upvoted thread:
List of major brands, companies, celebrities that supported BLM, George Floyd rioters and looters using lies and misconceptions about black victimization and homicide rates – Blackout Tuesday.
Companies put out statements supporting the false narrative that blacks are systemically killed and oppressed by police, thereby fueling the riots and supporting the destruction of civilized society in order to virtue signal. Truly shows how prevalent systemic racism is when literally every single large company is on your side and supports your cause.
Also see the people and companies who supported the society subverting anti police, borders, prisons “Black Visions Collective”
Canada’s (and the United Kingdom’s) real history of slavery and racism doesn’t fit “Black Lives Matter” ‘white people bad’ narrative
Well, under Queen Victoria and beyond, the United Kingdom spent a century fighting against slavery. They dispatched the Royal Navy, the greatest military force in the world at the time, to do it.
Yet during this week’s riots, a statue of Queen Victoria was desecrated. Protesters spray painted “BLM” and “Murderer” on it, along with “slave owner” and “slag.”
Did Queen Victoria kill blacks and enslave blacks? No, and neither did President Abraham Lincoln, who freed four million slaves after the bloodiest war in U.S. history. Neither did Winston Churchill who led the west against Nazi Germany.
Yet all their statues were targeted.
“An Act for the Abolition of the Slave Trade” was passed in Parliament in 1807. It didn’t ban slavery itself in the British Empire. But it banned the slave trade. So if you were already a slave, it did not free you. But it was a direct attack on the industry of slavery, the capturing of slaves and their shipment to slave auctions. It was the starter pistol for the Royal Navy’s Great War on slave-traders.
The Royal Navy set up a special fleet just for the purpose of stopping slave ships, the West Africa Squadron. It was fully one-sixth of the entire Royal Navy.
Over the course of 50 years, the West Africa Squadron seized 1,600 different slave ships. They freed 150,000 Africans who were being shipped to slave markets. This was not in the economic interests of Britain or the colonies. This was purely done as a moral expression of Christian ideology, in the face of evil.
Did you know, for example, that the British Empire literally paid to liberate every slave in their empire?
They didn’t have a civil war; they didn’t kill half a million of their own souls in a bloody battle over slavery. They emancipated all the salves, by paying out their slave owners, redeeming the slaves, as the Bible tells Christians to do.
The British Empire borrowed £20 million back in 1833, to do this. Today that would be approximately one hundred billion British pounds, or a quarter of a trillion Canadian dollars.
- Black on white crime statistics 6 comments
- Police shooting statistics analyzed; the truth behind racial disparities in fatal police shootings. 5 comments
- George Floyd Killing and Subsequent Antifa, BLM Riots 4 comments
- Black Crime Statistics 3 comments
- Salon writer thinks peaceful protests are the same as riots: I can’t get past the differences between the Minneapolis BLM protest and anti-lockdown protests 2 comments
- Ninety percent of 43,000 extremists on MI5 watchlist are Islamist terror suspects while police are ‘obsessed’ with catching far-right extremists and media and politicians tell us how the “alt-right” is a problem 2 comments
- There was no measurable difference in coronavirus cases among children in Sweden, where schools were left open, compared with neighboring Finland, where schools were shut. A French study last month found that school children don’t appear to transmit Covid-19 to peers or teachers 1 comment
- Leftist organizations, media, politicians supporting a racist ‘black power’ organization “Black Visions” which wants to abolish police, borders, prisons, ICE 1 comment
- #WhiteLivesMatter trends – leftists equate this to white supremacy and shut down all discourse while laughing at white people 1 comment
- Britain’s Pedophile Muslim Grooming Gangs – Thousands of underage white girls raped and sexually exploited by Muslim grooming gangs. Police for fear of being labeled racist didn’t investigate, covered this up and downplayed everything. 1 comment